mHub is a technology, innovation and entrepreneurship hub. The hub aims to develop sustainable technology solutions and provide a platform for skills development, knowledge transfer and networking. The hub has over the years implemented a number of projects across various sectors that include democracy and governance, human rights and education.
MHub is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position:
The purpose of the post
The Programs Lead works as part of the MHub programs team in a leadership capacity and reports to the Chief Executive Officer. He / She is responsible for the overall planning and management of various programs ensuring efficient and effective implementation in line with MHub quality principles, standards and partner requirements. He/She is also responsible for identifying programme and partnership opportunities that align with the mission and vision of mHub.
Specific duties and responsibilities
These will include but not limited to:
- Responsible for high level support on projects design, planning and implementation including technical input, budgeting, contract management and partner co-ordination.
- Review and advise on adaptations and adjustments of programme strategies, approaches and activities for growth and sustainability.
- Lead and guide the development of high-quality Concept Notes, Expressions of Interests and Proposals to expand mHub’s portfolio of projects, which will involve; identifying and reviewing opportunities; leading and coordinating proposal development activities.
- Manage the existence of effective and efficient project team structures that benefit and complement the mission and vision of MHub.
- Ensure project and program operations and activities adhere to set guidelines and policies
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed in ensuring that MHub attains set objectives and long-term goals.
- Champion learning within project staff and partner teams and proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Social Sciences, Project Management or other related field. A Masters degree is a plus.
- Experience in program management and implementation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, that include the ability to convey concepts clearly and concisely
- Thorough understanding of project/program management and Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation approaches
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong abilities to develop project proposals and deliver excellent reports
- Strong supervisory and relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Experience using Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications and information management systems
Applications with detailed CV that provide a traceable record, contact phone numbers and three traceable referees must be sent to the following address not later than 27th May 2022:
The Human Resources Manager,
P.O. Box 1689,
MHub is an equal opportunity employer therefore women are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit mhubmw.com.