PROGRAMS LEAD VACANCY
mHub is a technology, innovation and entrepreneurship hub. The hub aims to develop sustainable technology solutions and provide a platform for skills development, knowledge transfer and networking. The hub has over the years implemented a number of projects across various sectors that include democracy and governance, human rights and education.
MHub is inviting applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant position:
The purpose of the post
The Programs Lead works as part of the MHub programs team in a leadership capacity and reports to the Chief Executive Officer. He / She is responsible for the overall planning and management of various programs ensuring efficient and effective implementation in line with MHub quality principles, standards and partner requirements. He/She is also responsible for identifying programme and partnership opportunities that align with the mission and vision of mHub.
Specific duties and responsibilities
These will include but not limited to:
- Responsible for high level support on projects design, planning and implementation including technical input, budgeting, contract management and partner co-ordination.
- Review and advise on adaptations and adjustments of programme strategies, approaches and activities for growth and sustainability.
- Lead and guide the development of high-quality Concept Notes, Expressions of Interests and Proposals to expand mHub’s portfolio of projects, which will involve; identifying and reviewing opportunities; leading and coordinating proposal development activities.
- Manage the existence of effective and efficient project team structures that benefit and complement the mission and vision of MHub.
- Ensure project and program operations and activities adhere to set guidelines and policies
- Apply change, risk and resource management principles when needed in ensuring that MHub attains set objectives and long-term goals.
- Champion learning within project staff and partner teams and proactively identify issues and concerns and use participatory processes to overcome implementation obstacles.
Required Qualifications, Competencies and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in International Development, Social Sciences, Project Management or other related field. A Masters degree is a plus.
- Experience in program management and implementation
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, that include the ability to convey concepts clearly and concisely
- Thorough understanding of project/program management and Monitoring, Learning and Evaluation approaches
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques
- An analytical mindset with great problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Strong abilities to develop project proposals and deliver excellent reports
- Strong supervisory and relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Experience using Microsoft Office packages (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Web Conferencing Applications and information management systems
Applications with detailed CV that provide a traceable record, contact phone numbers and three traceable referees must be sent to the following address not later than 27th May 2022:
The Human Resources Manager,
P.O. Box 1689,
MHub is an equal opportunity employer therefore women are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.